Shri Saibaba Sansthan,Shirdi Shri Saileela Main Page
183. the Attainer of the speech, 184. the Master of the senses, 185. the Protector, 186. the Saviour 187. One who is well-established in the existence of the earth (or Existing in the senses) (or Existing in the form of speech), 188. the Seer of the senses and 189. the Enlightener of the senses, 190. the Third Note (i.e. Gandhara) of the Indian Gamut, 191. Analogous to space (i.e. Spread all over like space), (24)
192. Well-established in Yoga, 193. (and still) Possessing enjoyments (Note :- Dattatreya has mystic power to impart and enjoyment to the devotees desirous of enjoyments), 194. Free from doubts, 195. Firm in meditation, 196. Having natural disposition, 197. the Lord of the noble family, 198. the Bestower of boons to Kartavirya /(25)
199. Having natural disposition, 200. Free from Rajas [= passion], 201. Courageous, 202. Purificator, 203. the Destroyer of sins, 204. Absolutely free from high and low (i.e. subtle and gross), 205. the Supreme Light and 206. the Primeval Being, (26)
207. Endowed with manifold brilliance, 208. Possessing many forms, 209. Self-luminous, 210. Always Benevolent, 211. Possessing the Divine Light (i.e. Full of Divine Knowledge) and 212. the Sun of true wisdom, (27)
213. Eternal, 214. Fully endowed with ambrosia, 215. Brilliance, 216. Originated from the excellent light (or the Originator of the excellent light), 217. Free from infatuation, 218. the Supreme Lord and 219. Possessed of excellent prowess (or Beyond transgression), (28)
220. the Very Form of Yoga (or One to whom Yoga is subordinate), 221. the Embodiment of Yoga and 222. One who is enlightener (i.e. imparter) of the practice of Yoga, 223. Concentrator, 224. Enjoyer, 225. Doer, 226. Saviour, 227. Protector and 228. (still) possessing no weapons, (29)
*1 If the reading is the translation would be in whom the world is inter-woven.
*2 Dattatreya is considered the Principal Natha in the Natha-Sampradaya.
*3 The word : in Sanskrit means Virtuous also.
*4 may mean The Very Existence and the Absorber (of all). The text may be
*5 The word : means (1) a garment ) (2) peculiarity (3) difference (4) weakness (5) time (6) opportunity etc. Dattatreya is called ×¤üÖ“²Öøü: also. Therefore, here we have translated the word as without garments.
It may mean to whom all is one. Prof. J. J. Pandya
*7 The word ³ÖÖ¾Ö in Sanskrit has 30 different meanings. The main are 1) being, existence 2) manner 3) state 4) rank 5) capacity 6) sincerity 7) devotion 8) innate property 9) disposition 10) love 11) affection 12) import 13) abstract meditation 14) birth 15) the world 16) superhuman power etc. Here, the word ³ has been translated as Endowed with the superhuman powers in-as-much as Dattatreya possessed and bestowed upon devotees so many such divine powers.
may mean Existent and the Very Soul of existence.
*8 The printed text seems to be corrupt. In the available printed text, the word is , perhaps it being the usual way of pronunciation in some southern region of India, but means Cut, and : means Well-cut which is not fit here. Hence, we have preferred the reading , considering the probable error on the part of the Scribe.
|Previous Page << >>Next Page|